Effective Date: July 13, 2021
Climate LLC (“Climate,” “we” or “us”) knows your privacy is important to you, and our aim with this Privacy Statement is to help you make informed choices about your personal data. This Privacy Statement explains what information we collect about you, what we do with it, and how you can control it in connection with our Climate products, websites, applications, or other digital services (the “Climate Services”). The term “personal data” can have different meanings depending on applicable law. In general, we use the term “personal data” to mean information that can uniquely identify you as an individual, but we will treat information we collect from you as personal data wherever necessary under applicable law.
You can navigate to any of the sections of this Privacy Statement using the links below:
- Why we collect your information
- What information we collect about you
- Interest-Based Advertising
- How we share your information
- Third-party analytics
- How long we keep your information
- How you can control your information
- How we protect your information
- Children’s personal data
- Changes to this Privacy Statement
- Contact Us
- California Privacy Rights
Why we collect your information
We collect information about you and your farm operation for the following reasons:
To provide Climate Services and related support to you, such as enabling you to use the Climate Services to organize, visualize and evaluate information about your farm operation, share information about your farm operation with others, and receive information, estimates, agronomic prescriptions or other recommendations from Climate and its Bayer Group affiliates (“Bayer”) and other third-party sources relevant to your farm operation.
To manage and respond to your inquiries concerning Climate and Bayer products and services.
To make agronomic recommendations to you or alert you to potential risks to your crops, such as trends associated with weather patterns, pests or planting locations, and providing product tips and other agronomic recommendations.
For our general administrative purposes. For example, Climate and Bayer may need your information to tell you about important changes to the Climate Services, create and administer your registered account, provide customer service to you, respond to inquiries regarding our products and services, or perform internal financial activities like auditing or billing.
For research and development purposes, such as to improve Climate and Bayer’s agronomic or scientific knowledge, develop and improve our products and services, assess and compare product performance, or analyze customer behaviors and market trends.
For our internal efforts to operate and improve Climate’s and Bayer’s businesses, such as making product advancement, production, deployment and distribution decisions, improving the quality of our products and services, forecasting, and identifying ways we can operate more efficiently or expand our business.
For advertising and marketing purposes. This could include sending you information about Climate and Bayer and the products, services, promotions, surveys, and events we offer, enhancing and personalizing the content we provide to you when using Climate Services, and enhancing and personalizing our communications with you about our products and services, including advertising and marketing communications. We may also need your information to administer promotions or programs we offer. However, we will NOT use your personal data to price seed products to you or others, other than to offer you product discounts or make you aware of other offers or programs for which you may qualify, and we will not share your personal data with any non-affiliated third-party vendor or website owner for their own marketing purposes, without your consent.
For security purposes, as necessary to help us protect against, identify, or investigate fraud or other criminal activity.
For other legal purposes, if we have a legal obligation, or need to pursue or defend against legal claims, that involves the use of your information.
For communication purposes, to get in touch with you in connection with any of the reasons discussed above.
For other purposes to which you expressly consent.
What information we collect about you
Information you provide. We may collect your first and last name, email, address, zip code, demographic information, preferences, machine data (including make, model, and configuration settings of your farming equipment), or other information about you that you voluntarily send to us through the Climate Services or through communications with us, including when you:
- Create an account
- Register or subscribe for a service
- Upload information using the Climate Services
- Subscribe to a mailing list
- Join a rewards program
- Enter a contest, sweepstakes, or other promotion
- Request a rebate
- Order a product
- Comment on a blog post
- Contact us for any reason
Information gathered automatically. When you use the Climate Services, we may automatically collect information directly or through our third-party analytics providers. That information may include:
- Your IP address
- Your device identifier
- Your internet-service provider’s name
- Browser type and language
- Operating system
- Session identification number
- Search terms, search results
- Online browsing data or “clickstream data” (e.g., date and time of access to the Climate Services, referring website address, pages viewed, features used, links clicked, and other actions you take in connection with the website)
We (and third parties acting on our behalf) may collect this information directly from your browser interacting with our Climate Services. We may also collect it through cookies and similar technologies, which typically work by placing a small file (like a text file or graphic) on your computer or smartphone, and the file is used to identify your device and to collect information. In this Privacy Statement, we use the term “cookies” in general to refer to these technologies. Cookies are typically assigned to one of four categories, depending on their function and intended purpose:
- Essential Cookies: These cookies are necessary for our Climate Services to operate properly and enable you to use its features.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies collect information about how you use our Climate Services and are used to improve and personalize future web experiences and deliver content more relevant to your interests. Our promotional communications may include these cookies to measure performance and deliver more relevant offers/content based on preferences.
- Functional Cookies: These cookies allow our Climate Services to remember choices you make and provide more personal features as well as services you have asked for. The information collected may be anonymized and is not used to track your browsing activities on other websites.
Most browsers are set up to accept cookies automatically. You can deactivate the storing of cookies or adjust your browser to inform you before the cookie is stored on your computer. In the case of third-party cookies for interest-based advertising, you can opt out of receiving interest-based ads for web properties at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ (Digital Advertising Alliance’s WebChoices) or for mobile apps at https://youradchoices.com/appchoices (Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices).
Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. Instead, we collect, use, and share information as described in this Privacy Statement regardless of a “do not track” choice.
Location-based information. When you access the Climate Services, we may collect information related to your location through your device’s GPS, Wi-Fi, or Bluetooth. Your device may provide ways to prevent sharing your location, like disabling location-based services or turning off your GPS, Wi-Fi, or Bluetooth. If you disable any location-based services on your device, you may not be able to use certain features of the Climate Services.
Information from social media and other sources. We may collect information about you from other sources such as our affiliates, public and third-party databases, and other third parties. For example, if you elect to participate in analytics, communications, or marketing programs, including those offered or run by third parties, we may enhance your information by obtaining or merging that information with technical, cookie, or other data we collect or that we receive from third parties.
We may collect information when you interact with us through social media. And if you link our Climate Services with a social-media account, then we may collect certain information related to that account. You may have the ability to control what information is shared from your linked social-media account by adjusting the privacy settings for that account.
We also use a third-party social-listening platform that compiles publicly accessible content on the internet in order to create aggregate reports that allow us to better understand our brand categories and more effectively market our products. This publicly accessible content may include personal data, such as your name or username in connection with a social-media profile. To the extent we obtain any such information, we will maintain it in accordance with this Privacy Statement, and use it only for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
How we share your personal data
We may share information about you:
- With Bayer and other companies in which we have an economic interest or ownership rights for the purposes described above.
- With others working for us, which includes third parties that perform services on our behalf such as running our Climate Services, sending communications for us, and executing marketing programs and promotions. It's our practice to require third parties who perform services for Climate and have access to your personal data to follow data protection principles which are substantially similar to those in this Privacy Statement.
- With Climate and Bayer dealers or distributors, for the purpose of communicating with you about our products and services.
- With third parties to whom you request that we provide access, such as other FieldView Services users and Climate FieldView Platform Partners authorized by you to access your account or with whom you choose to share your data, according to your settings and configurations within the Climate Services.
- With other third parties, such as law enforcement or other government entities: (1) if we believe there has been a violation of our Climate Services policies; (2) if we believe that someone may be causing injury to our rights or property, to other users, or to anyone else; (3) to provide information to law enforcement; or (4) as required by law.
- As part of a corporate restructuring, such as a liquidation, reorganization, merger, sale of the company, consolidation, change of control, asset or stock acquisition/disposition, or other corporate combination. If that happens, we will use reasonable efforts to make sure the transferee uses your information in a manner consistent with this Privacy Statement.
We will not share information about you with any non-affiliated third-party vendor or website owner for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
We use third-party providers to collect and analyze information about your use of the Climate Services. These providers may collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites and other online services using cookies and other tracking technologies discussed above in connection with your use of the Climate Services. You may be able to manage how these providers collect information by changing your browser’s cookie settings. And remember that changes you make for one browser won’t carry over to other browsers you use.
Analytics services we use include Google Analytics and Flurry. For information about how Google Analytics collects and processes data, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. For information about how Flurry collects and processes data, please visit https://policies.oath.com/us/en/oath/privacy/index.html.
How long we keep your personal data
In general, we keep information about you for as long as we need it to carry out the purposes described above, and as necessary to comply with our records-management policies. We also keep your personal data as we reasonably determine to be necessary to exercise or preserve our legal rights, or comply with other legal obligations we might have, such as in connection with litigation.
You may request to de-activate your FieldView Account at any time in your account settings, or by calling Climate Customer Support at (888) 924-7475 during regular business hours posted on www.climate.com (generally, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Central Time Monday-Friday except public holidays), or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. We may keep your Account intact for a reasonable period of time to facilitate reactivation, unless you request that we close and permanently delete your Account. You may request that we close and permanently delete your FieldView Account at any time by contacting the Climate Director of Data Privacy using the form or at the address provided below. If you request that we delete your account, we will delete account details that directly identify you, such as your name and contact details, and you will not be able to re-activate your account. We may retain some information about you or your farm operation as required for our own internal purposes, such as for legal compliance and operational purposes. We will not use this information to market products or services to you, unless you subsequently agree to receive such marketing. We may also retain some information that has been aggregated, anonymized or put through another technical process that reduces our ability to attribute such information to you for our internal operations and research and development purposes, but we will no longer link this information with your FieldView Account.
How you can control your information
You may review and ask us to change any information about you in your account profile and, where applicable, personal account preferences, stored in our system if you believe it is out of date or incorrect by contacting the Climate Director of Data Privacy using the form or at the address provided below, or where applicable, log in to your account to update your information or preferences.
Where you have provided your consent for us to use information about you, you may request to withdraw that consent for future uses of such information by contacting the Climate Director of Data Privacy using the form or at the address below. Where applicable, you may also log in to your account to update your preferences, which may include revoking consent to certain communication outreach and marketing uses.
You may opt out of receiving future commercial email or text messages from us or request that information about you be removed from the Climate Services by following any opt-out instructions in emails or texts we send you, or by contacting the Director of Data Privacy using the form or at the address provided below. Please be aware that if you opt out of receiving commercial messages from us, it may take up to ten (10) business days for us to process your opt-out request, and you may receive commercial messages from us during that period.
Even if you opt out of receiving promotional and marketing material, we may still correspond with you about your existing or past business relationships with us (e.g., any purchase of our products or use of our services, or responses to your requests for information either through the website or other means). We may also access and view your information in the course of maintaining and improving the Climate Services and our services.
How we protect your information
We have implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures designed to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, and modification. Although we strive to keep your personal data secure, no security measures are absolute. We are committed to providing notice of any data breach as may be required by applicable law. Use caution when transmitting personal data over the Internet.
Children’s personal data
In light of the importance of protecting children's privacy, we do not collect, process or use on our Climate Services any information relating to an individual whom we know to be under 13 years old without the prior, verifiable consent of his or her legal representative. Such legal representative has the right, upon request, to view the information provided by the child and/or to require that it be deleted. Just contact the Director of Data Privacy using the form or at the address provided below.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
From time to time, we may update this Privacy Statement. When we do, we will post it on the Climate Services and include the effective date of the update. If there are material changes to our Privacy Statement, we will post a prominent notice on our Climate Services and provide other notice as required by law.
Director of Data Privacy
4 CityPlace Drive, suite 100
Saint Louis, MO 63141
California Privacy Rights
Categories of personal data we collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California consumer or household (“personal data”). In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal data from consumers within the twelve (12) months preceding the effective date of this Privacy Statement:
A. Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
B. Any categories of personal data described in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e).
C. Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law.
D. Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
E. Biometric information, for example imagery of the iris, retina, fingerprint, face, hand, palm, vein patterns, and voice recordings, from which an identifier template, such as a faceprint, a minutiae template, or a voiceprint, can be extracted, and keystroke patterns or rhythms, gait patterns or rhythms, and sleep, health, or exercise data that contain identifying information.
F. Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement.
G. Geolocation data.
H. Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
I. Professional or employment-related information.
J. Non-public education information.
K. Inferences drawn from any of the information identified in this subdivision to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
Categories of sources of personal data
We obtain the categories of personal data listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from our consumers (for example, information provided through the Climate Services, hardcopy forms, or other communications with us).
- From consumers’ activity on the Climate Services (for example, Climate Services visit information collected directly or through third-party analytics providers).
- From a device’s GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or IP address.
- From social media, marketing partners, and other sources (for example, affiliates, public and third-party databases, and other third parties).
For additional information, see What information we collect about you
Our business and commercial purposes for collecting personal data
We use the personal data we collect for our operational purposes or other purposes set out in this Privacy Statement (see Why we collect your information). Those purposes may include:
- Auditing related to a current interaction with the consumer and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards.
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Short-term, transient use, provided the personal data that is not disclosed to another third party and is not used to build a profile about a consumer or otherwise alter an individual consumer’s experience outside the current interaction, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction.
- Performing services on behalf of the business or service provider, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytic services, or providing similar services on behalf of the business or service provider.
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by the business, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by the business.
In the twelve (12) months preceding the effective date of this Privacy Statement, we have disclosed the following categories of personal data of California consumers for a business purpose:
Category A: Identifiers.
Category B: Categories of personal data described in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e).
Category D: Commercial information.
Category E: Biometric information.
Category F: Internet or other electronic network activity information.
Category G: Geolocation data.
Category K: Inferences drawn from other personal data.
We also use the personal data we collect for our commercial or economic purposes, such as attracting consumers to buy, rent, lease, join, subscribe to, provide, or exchange products, goods, property, information, or services, or enabling or effecting, directly or indirectly, a commercial transaction.
Categories of third parties with whom we share personal data
For information on where we share personal data, see How we share your information.
In the twelve (12) months preceding the effective date of this Privacy Statement, we have not sold personal data of California consumers.
Rights of California Residents
- If you are a California resident, you have the right to ask us to send you the following information:
- The categories of personal data we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we collected the personal data.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting personal data.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal data.
- The specific pieces of personal data the business has collected about you.
- If you are a California resident, you have the right to ask us to delete the personal data about you we have collected.
Your privacy rights are important. If you exercise your privacy rights under California law, we will not do any of the following in retaliation:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
How California residents can submit requests
If you are a California resident and you want to submit a request to us regarding your California rights, you or your authorized agent can contact us here, or call us at 844-BAYER-DP (844-229-3737). You do not have to create an account with us to submit a request.
We can only respond to your request if it is verifiable. This means we are obligated to take reasonable steps to verify your identity and your right to access the information you request. We may ask you to provide additional information that will help us do so. We will only use that additional information in the verification process, and not for any other purpose.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.