Last Updated: May 16, 2018
The Climate Corporation and its affiliates (“us,” “we” or “our”) value the privacy and security of the information that our customers ("customers" or "you") choose to share with us through their purchase, enrollment or use of our products and services (collectively, the "Climate Corporation Service Platform").
Your Ownership of Your Information
Information We May Collect from You
As a Climate Corporation Service Platform customer, we may collect from you the following information:
- Name, address and telephone number
- Email address
- Field location
- Browser and device information
- Demographic information
- Information about your farming operations
You may also provide to us your credit card number, debit card number, or bank account information, depending on how you choose to pay for the Climate Corporation Service Platform products and services.
How We May Use and Share Your Information
We may use Your Information:
- to deliver, administer, develop and improve the Climate Corporation Service Platform products and services;
- to communicate with you about Climate Corporation Service Platform products and services or to present you with communications, content or offers that may be of interest to you, each subject to your right to opt out at any time; and
- for other purposes to which you expressly consent.
Other than for those permitted uses, we will not share Your Information:
- with any governmental entities, unless compelled or legally required, in our judgment, to do so; or
- with others without your consent, except with Service Providers.
"Service Providers" are the companies and consultants that we work with to support our Climate Corporation Service Platform operations, who agree not to use or disclose Your Information other than to provide services for us or as required by law. Examples include companies and consultants that provide website hosting, software development, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure support, customer service, email delivery, credit card processing, legal and financial advice, and auditing.
"Aggregated Information" is a combination and analysis of information from multiple sources that helps identify or creates trends, benchmarks, summary metrics, or predictive algorithms, provided that we take reasonable steps to prevent a specific individual or the individual’s data from being identified. We may create Aggregated Information from information that other customers choose to share with us, along with Your Information.
We may use Aggregated Information:
- to deliver, administer, develop and improve our products and services;
- to enable general marketing and advertising statements about our products and services; and
- for other purposes to which you expressly consent.
Other Information Use and Disclosure Rights and Commitments
We further commit that:
- We will not use Your Information or Aggregated Information for seed pricing.
- We will not use Your Information or Aggregated Information to make speculative commodities trades.
- We will not sell Your Information to third parties.
We may also use or share Your Information or Aggregated Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate:
- to comply with applicable laws or legal process; or
- to protect our legal rights, such as pursuing available remedies or limiting the damages we may sustain.
Marketing and Advertising
How we may use Your Information for marketing and advertising
We will not use Your Information to promote or advertise any third party’s products or services without your consent. If you provide consent, then you may opt out at any time.
We may use Your Information to communicate with you about our products and services, subject to your right to opt out as explained below.
Opting out of marketing communications
You may opt out from receiving Climate Corporation Service Platform paper marketing communications by contacting our Customer Support center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.888.924.7475. You may opt out from receiving Climate Corporation Service Platform marketing emails by following the instructions in the email you receive. Please note that we may still send you important administrative messages related to your use of Climate Corporation Service Platform products or services, from which you cannot opt out.
Choices and Access
Ability to delete Your Information
There are some limitations on your ability to have Your Information deleted. Specifically, you will not be able to delete Your Information that:
- has been incorporated into Aggregated Information; or
- we are using to support your use of Climate Corporation Service Platform products or services at the time you ask to have it deleted.
In addition, we may not delete certain information if retaining it is, in our reasonable judgment, necessary or appropriate: (i) to comply with applicable laws or legal process or (ii) to protect our legal rights, such as pursuing available remedies or limiting the damages we may sustain. Also, please note that if we have information available to us from sources other than your submissions through the Climate Corporation Service Platform, the fact that you request deletion of information you submitted may not mean that all matching information from other sources will also be deleted.
If you would like to ask us to delete Your Information (aside from the deletion exceptions above), you may contact us by email at email@example.com. In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have deleted. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may choose to take other steps to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Ability to easily share Your Information
We want our customers to have control over their data and freedom to move their data to any company they trust. We will continue to work hard to make this possible through an open authorization model.
In addition, we make it possible for you to share certain of your specific account information directly with other customers and users. This will only be possible if you explicitly authorize us to do so and authenticate your identity. You may delete this authorization at any time.
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Your Information. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the "Contacting Us" section below.
Protection of Social Security Numbers: With respect to Climate Corporation Service Platform products and services for which we collect Social Security numbers, it is our policy to: (1) protect the confidentiality of such numbers; (2) prohibit their unlawful disclosure; and (3) limit access to them.
To protect your privacy and security, we take certain steps designed to verify your identity before granting customer account access. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times and for any transactions performed from that account.
Use of Online Services by Minors
The Climate Corporation Service Platform and related Online Services are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that these individuals not provide us with any of their information or use our Online Services.
Cross-Border Transfer and International Users
The Online Services are controlled and operated by us from the United States. Your Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Climate Corporation Service Platform, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than those of your country.
We may collect Your Information through your use of online Climate Corporation Service Platform services, websites, and applications ("Online Services"), including as follows:
- Through your browser or device: When you use any Online Service, certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Online Services you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Online Services function properly.
- Through your use of mobile applications: When you download and use any Climate Corporation Service Platform mobile application (each, an "App"), we and our service providers may track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number. We and our service providers use the App information for security purposes, display information more effectively, and to personalize your experience while using the Apps. We also gather statistical information about the usage of the Apps in order to continually improve their functionality, understand how they are used and resolve questions regarding them.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies. Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Online Services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Online Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Online Services and response rates.
- IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Online Services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels of the Online Services, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Online Services.
- Physical Location: We may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using GPS, cell phone tower or WiFi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device’s location, but if you choose to deny such uses and/or sharing, we may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
Third Party Services and User-Generated Content
- any third party operating any site or service to which any Online Service links;
- any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider, or device manufacturer, including, for example, Facebook, Apple, Google, or Microsoft; and
- any channel partner or other user to whom you provide Your Information or Climate Corporation Service Platform account access. That may include, for example, the dealers and sales representatives who participate in your purchase or use of Climate Corporation Service Platform products or services. We allow you to view who has that access and revoke access upon request.
We are not responsible for the information, including personally identifiable information, that you submit in any user-generated content services, such as posting a question, answer, or blog on any public facing portion of the Climate Corporation Service Platform. Any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users and could be used to send you unsolicited messages.
The inclusion of a link on an Online Services does not imply endorsement of the linked site or service by us.
The Climate Corporation
201 Third Street, Suite 1100
San Francisco, CA 94103
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card information or other sensitive information in your emails to us.